Monday, November 18, 2013

SAISA BASKETBALL TRAINING

Last year I competed in SAISA U19 girls Basketball. It was interesting competing with this team since I am mostly familiar with larger teams such as those for SAISA swimming and SAISA track and field. I enjoyed this experience as it gave me a chance to get more familiar with basketball in general and gave me a chance to improve my skills. Though I was not one of the stars of the team I still felt like i contributed enough based on my skills and capabilities. Which is why I decided to try out for the team again this year to see if I had improved and If I would be able to travel for SAISA again. I have grown to love playing the sport in general and would've been happy to oblige for the developmental team if I had not made the cut for the SAISA team. During trainings I realized that I had improved since the previous year. I found out that I rarely missed a layup and found new talents that improved my playing. We have a different coach this year, although I was already familiar with him from my 8th grade year where he was my coach as well. This helped me a lot throughout the season as he knew my strengths and he had faith in me even on my off days. This season is a lot shorter than previous SAISA seasons therefore it is important for the chosen SAISA team to work extra hard and stay determined to the sport. Even though I already have plenty of action hours for cas, I wanted to do basketball nonetheless. Sport has always been a part of my life and I enjoy doing sports even if just for fun. I have improved a lot throughout the season so far which both Mr Shipley and the coach have noticed. I am looking forward to the SAISA competition because I feel like I will be able to contribute a lot more to the team than I was able to do last year. Our team in general is really well put together this year. I feel like all the girls are able to get along and that we are all supportive of each other and eager to go to saisa and represent OSC and bring back a high ranking. SAISA is only 2 short weeks away. These following two weeks we will be training hard and focusing on tactics and our weaknesses in order to enter SAISA strong and perform at the best of our abilities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment