Monday, May 26, 2014

FINAL CAS REFLECTION

Creativity:


  • Gecko Inc Leader
  • Event Crew Badminton

Action:


  • SAISA Swimming
  • SAISA Basketball
  • Scuba Diving
  • Gym 


Service: 


  • Gecko Inc 

This year has been filled with many activities both academic as well as the creative, service and action aspects of CAS.

 This year I have been strongest in participating in action based activities and can confidently say that I have improved and met most of my goals I had put down for most of those activities. Even when the SAISAs I participate in had ended, I continued to exercise and got myself involved with another sports community in order to keep up my own health and participation in work outs. This shows my commitment to sport and the responsibility I take for myself. 
I also went out of my comfort zone, risk taking by getting myself involved in scuba diving. Once I was able to qualify for a certified open water PADI diver, I was able to take those skills and experiences and apply them to adventures elsewhere in the world. 
The knowledge gained through scuba diving has opened a whole new door for me. I was able to, during my spring break, dive at an amazing site. This military ship had been active in WWII and had sunk by an underwater attack. Over a few amount of years it had washed back ashore. Then, a volcano on the island of Bali erupted and sent the ship back underwater. It is now a popular diving site and the environment and life around the wreck is incredible. I will definitely continue to scuba dive and visit many new places all around the world. 




The service group Gecko Inc, though having huge difficulties at the beginning of the year was able to pull itself together and regularly get involved with a local community. I am extremely proud of the group and what we were able to achieve in time. Hopefully for next year the group and its members can continue to let this group grow and achieve great things. 
My creativity is the aspect of CAS which is weakest. Since taking chemistry as a group 6 subject, i am automatically not exposed to any of the arts and lack creativity based activities. However, I feel that if I am able to involve myself in groups such as the SAISA event crews, that I am able to complete my creativity requirements while growing as a person and learning new skills. 

GOALS FOR NEXT YEAR:

Action: 

  • Be involved in 2 SAISAs 
  • Continue to visit the gym twice a week
  • Visit various countries and scuba sites
Creativity: 

  • Be involved in an Event crew 
  • Contribute to planning activities/events in the school
Service: 

  • Join a new service group 
  • Contribute to my best abilities in that group 
  • Stepping out of my comfort zone
  • Helping the local community 


No comments:

Post a Comment